Saturday 8 June 2013

Video: The Raconteurs - 'Consoler Of The Lonely'

Hello readers! Thought I'd start this post by venting a little. So its been about a week since my last post and thats a bit naff really isn't it? I've been writing a small number of long posts at once rather than writing as many concise single reviews like a good blogger should. Ok, so this post isn't one of those and I'm still going to write longer features when I see fit, but this is a platform for the oath that I shall be more committed to shorter and more frequent content on new music. My own fault really, just haven't been as focussed as I could be meaning I haven't really made much of an effort to even listen to any new singles. IT SHALL CHANGE!

Anyway, I'm having a bit of a nostalgia trip at the moment and thought I may as well share it with you as its a musical one. Remember The Raconteurs, Jack White's side project? No not Dead Weather the other one, with Brendan Benson, "Steady As She Goes" and all that. Well apparently they're recording a new album after 4 years since the last effort, 2009's Consolers Of The Lonely, which if I do say so myself had some mega choons on it. In particular the opening and title track of the album "Consoler Of The Lonely". In accordance with my reminiscing state, I thought I'd post a live version of this spectacularly vicious song and a hope that the classic riffs that the band made their penchant shall be utilised on The Raconteurs' future effort. Sit back and enjoy the riffage!

No comments:

Post a Comment