Wednesday 20 March 2013

Video: The Virgins - 'One Week Of Danger'


Ok, ok this is not a new video at all. I've just reviewed "Strike Gently" the new album from New York quartet The Virgins and it got me all nostalgic for this pre-loved dance punk track from the band's much different 2008 self-titled LP. I distinctly remember first acknowledging The Virgins in my living room on the once grand music channel MTV TWO (now the very lame MTV ROCKS) as "One Week Of Danger" caught my ear and eye. Being a moneyless 17 year old I'd most often go to youtube to hear the song. The video is a bit self indulgent with the band performing in the midst of full length mirrors. To be honest its all about the song for me, I just wanted an excuse to put it on the blog. The groovy garage rock track is one of those songs that brings back memories of drunken escapades with old friends basking in the much missed luxury of a life of no responsibility. If you haven't found yourself bopping around like a loser by the end of this song I'd check your pulse. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment