Friday 8 March 2013

Intro: Hey! Ho! Lets go!

I know right? What a cringeworthy title. I imagine Joey Ramone is spinning in his hilariously tall coffin. But anyway...

This is my blog. Welcome. If all goes well this will serve as the first of many posts on this page and by the time anybody is reading this I am sure I will be an infamously ruthless yet respected music journo. I kid, I don't really have many expectations about this blog other than it will give me a platform to write about  one of my deepest interests and passions. You guessed it, music.
I figured I could use this post as an introduction to this blog detailing the kind of things I plan to feature on this page. Firstly though its probably best to give you a brief bio of the man child you're reading the mind vomit of.

So here goes. Hello! I'm Huw. I'm a 21 year old Music Production student and a proud fool. I am a pretty able musician having played drums for 9 years and guitar for about 7. I play guitar and sing in a band (I wont mention the name as I don't really want to use this blog as a promotional tool, this is separate). While of course I love to play and write my own material my real passion for music lies with wearing a pair of headphones and losing myself in a great album. 
Over the year I've become pretty encyclopaedic with music to a few peoples annoyance. I feed off books, tv, articles, websites, videos and people in my life to add to the ever growing collection of pointless facts about bands that I tend to share with an uninterested audience of friends.
Other than that I'm interested in all the typical things; books, film, telly, food and so on. I have some cool family, pretty fun friends and a great girlfriend all of whom make my life much more interesting and enjoyable. 

Now, this blog. I've decided to title it 'The Go-Slow'. 3 reasons! Firstly its definition, the term go-slow means deliberate and careful, being a serial procrastinator I felt this fit the bill! Secondly its the title of one of my favourite Biffy Clyro songs. Lastly... well... it sounds pretty cool doesn't it? I've separated the blog into the following sections:

REVIEWS: Albums and EPs in particular I aim to review whatever new albums I listen to

MP3S & STREAMS: New songs and brief single reviews with an MP3 or Audio/video stream

VIDEOS: New promotional music videos or notable live performances

FEATURES: Music related articles e.g. Classic Albums, New Bands, Important Issues or Music News

FILM-TV-BOOKS: Films, tv and books... ahem

MIND VOMIT: A post that doesn't fit into any other category... like this one

These sections may change as time goes by but I will make sure its all organised. Thats pretty much all I can say at this stage. Hopefully I don't just neglect this and there is plenty to read soon! I will say however, if you do read any of my posts and have an opinion, please do share it! Even if you're telling me how my opinion is completely wrong I will be glad to hear your opinions. So yeah, wish me luck. Read on and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment